We are looking for a Subtitling Planner to join our team in Aalst. The Subtitling Planner will plan and distribute work to translators, oversee workflows and processes, and he/she will act as the first point of contact for translators. The Subtitling Planner will be reporting to the local team leader.
- Coordinate the day to day distribution and delivery of subtitling projects: assign work to translators, plan translator deadlines, and ensure timely delivery.
- Distribute video files, scripts, templates, and other materials to translators and chase client managers for missing/replacement material if appropriate.
- Plan work strategically to optimize profit margins and quality in relation to client and company guidelines.
- Build positive working relationships with in-house and freelance translators. Keep updated records of translators’ capabilities, specialisms, preferences, etc.
- Take care of correspondence with in-house and freelance translators and be the first point of contact for translators regarding issues relating to the planning and distribution of work and audiovisual material.
- Check and approve freelancer invoices.
- Liaise with language editors regarding translation quality and engage in feedback processes with translators.
- Communicate effectively in English and Dutch with client managers to develop efficient workflow.
- Provide support and holiday/sickness cover for other team members.
- Other tasks that may arise to ensure the smooth running of subtitling production at BTI Studios.
- You have excellent time management skills
- You have excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is a plus, but not required
- You have excellent Microsoft Office skills and are open to learning how to work with other computer programs
- Experience in project planning is a plus, but not required
- You’re flexible and able to work under pressure
- You’re a problem-solver
- You’re a team player