IN-HOUSE FRENCH SUBTITLER
We are looking to expand our in-house French subtitling team in Aalst. The job consists of creating and editing subtitles for TV, DVD, VOD, and corporate clients. Excellent knowledge of English is required, Dutch is a bonus. Some experience in the subtitling and/or proofreading fields would be a definite advantage.
- Create and/or edit French subtitles to established reading speeds, retaining the content and flavor of the source material, whilst ensuring that subtitles stay synchronized with the soundtrack and allow adequate access to pictures and graphics.
- Carry out all necessary research, maintaining the factual and grammatical accuracy of subtitle content.
- Apply/provide feedback.
- Proofread, recut and re-edit existing files in line with client/format specifications.
- Work effectively to deadlines.
- First-class written skills in French
- Fluent English. Good knowledge of British and American cultures. And possibly the same in Dutch.
- Knowledge/experience of subtitling and subtitling software (desirable)
- Graduate in a language-related discipline
- Attention to detail
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Demonstrable, highly-developed general knowledge
- Self-motivated, organized and adaptable
- Focused and positive under time pressure
- Able to work autonomously and in a team