IN-HOUSE / FULL-TIME SWEDISH SUBTITLERS
We are looking to expand our multilingual in-house subtitling team in Chiswick, West London. The job consists of translating TV and video material, mainly from English sources, and may also include the creation of same-language subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing and audio description for people with sight loss. We are currently recruiting linguists specialized in Swedish. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of different types of programmes for a range of local and international clients in a fun and creative atmosphere, with colleagues from many other nationalities.
- To create accurate, broadcast-quality subtitles from a pre-recorded video source, adhering to in-house style as directed during the training period.
- To edit text to established reading speeds, retaining the content and flavor of the source material, whilst ensuring that subtitles stay synchronized with the soundtrack and allow adequate access to picture and graphics.
- To carry out all necessary research, maintaining the factual and grammatical accuracy of subtitle content.
- To check, recut and re-edit existing files in line with client/format specifications.
- To work effectively to deadlines, co-ordinating subtitle preparation with other team members as required.
- First-class written and oral skills in Swedish
- Fluent in English
- It’s a plus if you can translate from Norwegian/Danish
- Proofreading or translation experience (desirable)
- Graduate in language or translation studies
- Attention to detail
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Demonstrable, highly-developed general knowledge
- Self-motivated, organized and adaptable
- Able to work autonomously and in a team
- Focused and positive under time pressure