BTI Studios are currently looking to increase our pool of resources for English language subtitling for a variety of film, television and other video material.
Experienced or trainee in-house subtitlers are required for our Cardiff and London offices.
Work will include the creation of subtitle templates for translation, the origination of subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing, and editing and reformatting of existing subtitle files.
- To input accurate, broadcast-quality subtitle transcription from a pre-recorded video source, adhering to in-house style as directed during the training period.
- To edit the text to established reading speeds, retaining the content and flavor of the source material, whilst ensuring that subtitles stay synchronized with the soundtrack and allow adequate access to picture and graphics.
- To add labels and descriptors to facilitate the comprehension/enjoyment of hard of hearing viewers.
- To use speech recognition to input material when needed.
- To carry out all necessary research, maintaining the factual and grammatical accuracy of subtitle content.
- To recut and re-edit existing files in line with client/format specifications.
- To proofread and correct subtitles prepared by other subtitlers.
- To work towards quality and productivity targets.
- To work effectively to deadlines, co-ordinating subtitle preparation with other team members as required.
- First-class written English
- Excellent listening skills and attention to detail
- Fast and accurate typing
- Highly developed general knowledge
- Pro-active, self-motivated, organized and adaptable
- Confidence to work autonomously and in a team
- Able to work under pressure.
- Knowledge/experience of subtitling norms and technologies
- Understanding of the needs to deaf and hard of hearing viewers